This is the final article in our Approval Workflow Solution Series so before you get started on today's article, I can recommend reading the following past blogs: Understanding Approval Workflow Solutions and The Benefits of an Approval Workflow Solution.
Today we focus on the features of Admation's Approval Workflow Software, by providing you a list of must have features as well as a number of nice to have features.
Ulitmately, the needs of your organisation will determine the importance of these features to you.
- Allow you to track approvals.
- Allow you to see immediately where your approvals are at merely by viewing your approval list, which has designated icons for approved and non-approved items.
- Provide fixed approval paths to ensure that the required stakeholders always approve the content prior to it going to market.
- Have approval tiers so that approvals goes through the right channels first, without having to manually manage.
- Allows you to ascertain where the overall project is at. If a green bar is visible, this means the project is approved and you simply need to click on the project and then the ‘finalise’ button to make it public and who has access to it.
- Notifications are sent to any stakeholders requested to provide feedback. The recipient will be directed to the approvals screen where the deliverable will be displayed. They can provide feedback here or send it on to another stakeholder for feedback if required.
- Select any deliverable and forward it on to selected team members or stakeholders for feedback. You can also set deadlines for feedback, attach files and add comments.
- Compare artwork versions side by side so that you can view them together on one screen. As a default, the previous and current versions are placed side by side for comparison. To view an earlier version, simply click on the revision number above the artwork and select the version you require.
- You can view a summary of all the changes that have been made on a previous version in the text box on the right hand side of the page.
- Proof online or mark up changes onscreen on any type of media file (print, video, flash and websites). Simply click on the artwork and drag to draw a box that outlines the area you want to make changes to. A text box will appear where you can add comments. Simply click ‘OK’ when you’re done.
- Automated reminders will be sent out to alert team members and stakeholders that feedback and approval is due.
- To prevent you from being overwhelmed with more emails, notifications are sent in batches, so you won’t receive 5 emails but 5 notifications in one email. Priority notifications will always be sent immediately. You can choose to have email delays set to anywhere between 5 minutes to 24 hours.
- Often used by legal departments, a team member can reserve a job for review so that everyone else in the team knows this job will be attended to, which means no doubling up.
- You can measure the activity and effectiveness of each project with integrated reporting tools.
- Storage for final marketing assets so that they can be readily accessed by any approved users.
- Makes it easy to find marketing assets even months after a campaign has finished.
- You can access your marketing approval workflow solution in the office or remotely so that you can keep track of your project at any time.